Wednesday, April 9, 2008

New Song This Week: Your Name Be Praised

Hey guys, I'm introducing a new song this week called "Your Name Be Praised." It's an upbeat, call-to-worship style of song, and I hope it will be effective in calling us to continually praise the name of the Lord.

The first verse explore different elements of God and rejoice in their beauty and glory, and joy of salvation.
The glory that surrounds Your name;
It takes my breath away
The blood that takes my sin and shame
Still washes me today
Your Word gives life unto my heart
Its truth shall set me free
Your Spirit from me never parts
Your Face one day I'll see

The chorus calls for the praise of God's name from all corners and heights of the earth, and cries out for God to reveal Himself more to us, as we live and grow more passionate for Him each day.
Your name be praised
From the highest mountain tops
Be praised
We'll carry on, and never stop
From the valleys down
Lord, it's You we want to know
Give us passion for Your truth
As we live a life of praise to You

The second verse explores the reality of redeemed worship, and how our lives are like creation in that we both "declare the glory of God, and...proclaim His handiwork." (Psalm 19:1)
The skies are telling of Your ways; creation cries to You
My heart, redeemed, proclaims Your praise: Salvation comes from You!
God's wrath no longer waits for me; I stand now justified
From shackled sin to heaven freed
New hope alive inside!

Enjoy this recording as well, and I look forward to singing this with you on Sunday!

No comments: