Monday, March 17, 2008

Christian Music "iTunes"


In my attempt to bring myself up to speed with contemporary Christian music, I've run across a website which functions similar to iTunes, in that it offers digital downloads for either a per-song fee, or for a whole album.

This site however, offers entirely Christian music.

It's called SongTouch, which I think is kind of a ridiculous name that is just trying to sound "sensitive" and "Christian-y," not to mention the corniest tag line ever:
"Believe What You Hear."

Regardless, from my initial perusing, it appears that they have a pretty significant collection of music available. They even offer Performance Tracks, which are versions of the song that have no vocals, so once you know a song really well, you can take out the vocals, and pretend you are the performer in your car or living room. ;-)
Traditionally speaking, Performance Tracks are most normally used for "Special Music" in church, but I can't stand that. If there are able musicians in the church, and you are going to be singing a "Special Song," ask them to learn it!!

Well, now that I'm off my little soap box, go ahead and check out SongTouch if you're looking for a place to find Christian music besides the Christian bookstore, which often times offers a very limited selection.

No comments: