Friday, September 3, 2010

Preparing for Worship: September 5th, 2010



Happy holiday weekend everyone! I'm curious as to how many of you are heading out of town this weekend, since we've been a packed house the last couple of Sundays. I think I'm learning that many Crossroaders are avid vacationers, so I'm guessing many will take advantage of the extra day off. If you're one of them, bring me back something nice!

I wanted to also say thank you to those of you who encouraged me last weekend, either in person, or through some other communication. I really felt loved and cared for, and prayers that were offered on my behalf were appreciated. I woke up Monday morning feeling a lot better. I had not wrestled with some of the hard things about death in quite some time. The last time I lost a loved one was when my grandma passed away; I was just about to start high school. I wasn't even very close to Jess' grandpa, but the realities of death, and the death of an unbeliever (we're pretty sure he was not a Christ-follower), had a very unexpected effect on me, so again, thank you so much! My wife has handled it very well, and her grandma is doing well also. I picked up Jess' dad from the airport yesterday, so we're glad he's here as well.

Here's the set list for Sunday, be sure to click on any of the song titles that you aren't familiar with so you can get an idea of how they go so you can be prepared to sing along!

1) Blessed Be Your Name
2) O Church Arise
3) Psalm 19 (May the words)
4) By This We Know Love
5) From the Inside Out

See you Sunday!

No comments: