Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Song: "By This We Know Love"

My keyboard player and friend, Dan Kush, is leading worship this week for me as I'm away at the Resolved Conference in Palm Springs. He'll be teaching this song so check out this great video and get acquainted with the words and the melody so you can belt it out right away when the body sings it together on Sunday!

"By This We Know Love
by Judah Groveman
Copyright 2009 Sovereign Grace Praise


God of all creation, Lord of heaven's light
Descended into evil's darkest night
Infinitely holy; Your perfections know no end
Selflessly You died my rightful death


By this we know love: that He laid down His life
God's very own Son came from heaven to die
Suspended He hung as He shed His own blood
What grace in His pardon; by this we know love


Forsaken Man of Sorrows, hated by all men
You willingly surrendered for my sin
Scornfully derided, yet in silence stumbling on
Bearing wrath for all that I've done wrong!

No comments: