Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Good Christian Music and New Song: "Completely Done"

Hey everyone, I'm back from a week in Maryland at the WorshipGod conference hosted by Sovereign Grace Ministries at Covenant Life Church. I won't even try to begin to recap the conference just yet as I have so much to share with you all; I will try and do it justice in its own post.

For now, I wanted to give you the heads up on a new song we'll be doing this week that I learned at the conference. It's called "Completely Done."

The song is a part of Sovereign Grace's new album called "Sons and Daughters." I'd highly recommend any of Sovereign Grace's albums to you, but this one stands out to me a little more than the rest. The theme of the album is living in the reality that we have been adopted by God as his sons and daughters. CLICK HERE to read the real album description which is way better than anything I could say. Also, that link contains short samples of each song, so be sure and click on "Completely Done" and try and get familiar with it (it's only 48 seconds long so do your best!).

You can also check out this video someone from the conference took on their phone:


The lyrics:
What reason have i to doubt?
Why would i dwell in fear
When all i have known is grace?
My future in Christ is clear!

My sins have been paid in full;
There's no condemnation here.
I live in the good of this,
My Father has brought me near.
I'm leaving my fears behind me now.

The old is gone, the new has come,
What You complete is completely done.
We're heirs with Christ, the victory won.
What You complete is completely done!


I don't know what lies ahead,
What if i fail again?
You are my confidence,
You'll keep me to the end.
I'm leaving my fears behind me now.

No comments: