Saturday, June 14, 2008

Preparing For Worship: June 15th

Happy Father's Day!

I'm writing from the Resolved Conference here in Palm Springs, and I know if any of you see this it will most likely be AFTER church on the 15th, so...

A BIG thanks to Bret Martin for filling in for me leading the worship team this week! It was gonna be difficult to squeeze everything in, and his willingness to step in and help out was such a huge blessing!

I'm having a great time playing electric guitar with the Resolved Band, which they've dubbed "Enfield" after the name of the city where Jonathan Edwards delivered his famous "Sinners in the hands of an angry God" sermon. My friends Ryan Foglesong and David Zimmer teamed up to write some fabulous songs for this conference that I will be sure to share with you when I get back. The conference theme is: Heaven and Hell, and so they wrote a bunch of new songs about heaven, which fills a surprising need in our repertoire of worship music.

Anyway, I hope you were still able to participate in the service without my post, and I'm sorry if you felt ill-prepared! :-)

I look forward to our first Sunday in our new building next week! So until then...

No comments: